All artwork and content © 2010 mischiefmaker

All artwork and content © 2010 mischiefmaker
Please do not use images without our consent



Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mmm...braaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiins...I mean...scarves!

I've been living in a daze for a couple of months now. I feel like a zombie. It's partly due to lack of sleep. My kitties enjoy wrestling with each other when Jess and I are trying to sleep at night.
I think another reason is stress. I have less than a year to prepare for this wedding and I have so much still to do. I have decided to stuff the flowers with fiberfill to give them more of a shape and it is taking awhile to get it down the stems evenly. That's going to make the flower-making process take even longer. But I did this to myself so I can't complain.
I would really like to start on my Etsy shop if I had the time. I have a couple of scarves made already but probably need to make a few more things before I can start selling.
This is a scarf that I designed myself:

And here's the garden scarf I made from Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker" book (http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Bitch-Crochet-Happy-Hooker/dp/0761139850) :
Now I just need to design a banner for my store and get matching business and thank you cards made.
I found the best website EVER: www.ravelry.com. It is perfect for people like me who crochet and/or knit. I even met a woman from Arvada and she invited me to one of their knitting circle groups. They meet at a yarn shop in Arvada that for some reason I never knew existed.
Ravelry has all sorts of groups that you can join; everything from Harry Potter fan club to a horror group to a Tom Waits fan club to a crafty brewer club. Very fun.
I must say, my work days this week have just flown by because I spend most of my time browsing these groups. Um...I mean working. Yeah. I'm not goofing off at work, never!
Anyway, nothing else exciting going on right now. Except that I keep finding really cool patterns on ravelry that I want to make (and some spiffy Christmas/Birthday presents) but I can't justify working on anything else until I can get a large number of flowers, pygmy puffs, and creepy cute crochet creatures done. And then there's that shawl thingy I want to make.
Sorry this is a bit boring. Maybe when I'm more awake, I can come up with something a little more clever to say.
Until then, I'm going to be a flower making machine.
Goodnight

No comments: