I had bought something for her and was getting it out of the back of my car. I had my hands full, so I asked Jess if he would close the door for me.
I don't really know what happened to me in the 2.5 seconds that followed. Amnesia? Completely forgetting I had just asked my husband to shut the door? In 2.5 seconds? Or maybe just assuming he would watch my every move and act accordingly, because he would never get distracted himself. Nope.
I don't really know.
All I know is that I saw something awesome in the back of my car that I just had to look at. It was the most awesome thing in the world and I had to see what it was. RIGHT THIS SECOND. I think in actuality, it was just a Funkin (http://www.funkins.com/) or something, but still...

So I yelled "Ooh! What's that?!?", stuck my head down to look and WHAM! Jess closed the door right on my head.
Stars and little funkins started dancing around my head. I could hear my Mom and Jess asking me if I was ok, and the only thing I could mutter was "Ouch."
Being the motherly mother that she is, my Mom made me sit down and put ice on my head to help with the swelling. Plus, she wanted to make sure I didn't have a concussion.
I just felt like an idiot.
Now I have this big bump and bruise on my forehead. As if I needed more proof that I am an idiot.
4 comments:
My son did that to me a few months back. I clipped his head and got one arm pretty good. I felt like mother of the year. It can happen to anyone! You're not an idiot (just easily dazzled by craft supplies...like me). Hope your head feels better! Paula
Boo to calling yourself an idiot. How is your head?
It's starting to feel better, but now I have this big blister looking thing on my forehead. Hot.
Don't feel bad, Paula. My mom once closed the car door on my brother's finger. And it locked. He never got it fixed and now it's all crooked.
It's happens to the best of Moms all the time :)
Awww, I hope it feels better! Ouch! I know this doesn't help much, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! hehe
Post a Comment